Established some 50 years ago, BackCare is a small but national charity and is the go-to organisation for the prevention and alleviation of back and neck related pain. We have a small team of staff and an amazing Board of Trustees, Health Advisory Board and an Opinion Panel made up of spinal surgeons, pain management experts, Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, chiropractors and other allied healthcare professionals.
We support both people living and working in back pain. We would be delighted to offer a project to a student who would be interested in carrying out research and developing communication materials related to spine health. This work will be most rewarding and would suit someone who is able to work collaboratively as part of a team but also on their own too, with instruction.
The role would be fully supervised and the student supported to achieve the best they possibly could. At the end of the project, the student would have materials that could be used within their portfolio of examples to attach with their CV. The placement would be held 'remotely' and would suit someone with excellent presentation skills.
Competencies you can develop on this placement:
- Communicating public health information
- Relationship-building and collaborative working
- Understanding of relevant legislation, policies and safe practice
- Researching the publics' health
- Evaluating and quality assuring public health initiatives
- Planning public health initiatives
- Delivering public health initiatives
69-71 Windmill Road