The Y is a multi-faceted community organisation providing supported accommodation to 16 to 25 year olds in Leicester City. Our support aims to understand the wider context of homelessness and as such takes a trauma informed approach to work holistically with young people.
We are flexible as to the exact nature of a placement but would like to develop ways for our residents to access health services easily and on-site. We already work with a volunteer GP and visiting optician and would like to develop these clinics into a monthly 'health hub'.
Competencies you can develop on this placement:
- Communicating public health information
- Relationship-building and collaborative working
- Researching the publics' health
- Planning public health initiatives
- Delivering public health initiatives
7 East street